My dear friend and fellow blogger Rogier ( http://dutchbarbieworld.wordpress.com/) attended the Italian Doll Convention this past weekend in Milan. He has some fabulous write-ups on the festivities so please visit his most wonderful blog for the full scoop.
As is custom at the IDC, Mattel gave a presentation and included some sneaks. What did we learn?
1. J.Lo Barbie is in the works and sporting a replica of this Zuhair Murad gown.
2. There is a Herve Leger giftset doll in the works this year.
3. Audrey Hepburn Sabrina and Roman Holiday dolls are coming this year ( but then we knew that already )
4. Promo photos of a Coach Barbie were shared. She kind of reminded me Burberry Barbie from a couple years ago.
5. And…..they shared promo photos of the upcoming AA Silkstone!! This one, in my opinion, is a STUNNER! Okay, so I can’t share photos here but if you are a BFC member head over to the BFC forums and take a look at Rogier’s posts. He put photos there. For those of you who are not BFC members, we can see a sliver of the doll in the promotional shot of Mermaid Gown ( those sneaky, sneaky Mattel people!)
6. Lastly, Robert Best shared that next years Silkstone theme would be Italian Haute Couture also explained as The Grand Alta Moda . Rogier has a nice description of what that means here http://dutchbarbieworld.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/italian-doll-convention-part-3/. I can’t wait to see what Mr. Best has in store for us next year. Count me in!
The American International Toy fair kicked off in New York on Sunday and we have some pictures. It looks like Mattel will be giving us…drum roll please….Audrey Hepburn! None of these have been confirmed by Mattel as of yet but if they are showing up at Toy Fair ( even as paper dolls LOL!), they are being produced.
** Photo by Michael Williams/MyLifeInPlastic.com. These photos are protected under copyright and being used on ITFDS with permission from Michael Williams. Any unauthorized reproduction of these photos is a violation of copyright** –That means don’t copy these photos people
You can find additional photos from Toy Fair and more of Michael’s amazing work at
First up is Barbie as Sabrina
Wow!!! I can’t wait to see the face in real life! The picture of her looks good though. She doesn’t look like she is Silkstone but I could be wrong. I have no idea what the price point is or when she is coming out. Some dealer sites have descriptions up and are saying summer. Will know more when Mattel actually announces these.
Audrey in Roman Holiday
How adorable!!! All she needs is the Vespa ( and articulation to sit on it LOL!). I am dying to see the shoes on this one. No doubt here folks…she is vinyl. That means the price point should be reasonable.
New Barbie Look dolls for 2013
And it looks like Barbie is going skiing next year too with “Winter Weekend”
How cute is this??!! It even has a ski pass attached to the zipper. Bill Greening…you rock!!!