IDC Mattel Presentation Gives a Sneak Peak.
My dear friend and fellow blogger Rogier ( http://dutchbarbieworld.wordpress.com/) attended the Italian Doll Convention this past weekend in Milan. He has some fabulous write-ups on the festivities so please visit his most wonderful blog for the full scoop.
As is custom at the IDC, Mattel gave a presentation and included some sneaks. What did we learn?
1. J.Lo Barbie is in the works and sporting a replica of this Zuhair Murad gown.
2. There is a Herve Leger giftset doll in the works this year.
3. Audrey Hepburn Sabrina and Roman Holiday dolls are coming this year ( but then we knew that already )
4. Promo photos of a Coach Barbie were shared. She kind of reminded me Burberry Barbie from a couple years ago.
5. And…..they shared promo photos of the upcoming AA Silkstone!! This one, in my opinion, is a STUNNER! Okay, so I can’t share photos here but if you are a BFC member head over to the BFC forums and take a look at Rogier’s posts. He put photos there. For those of you who are not BFC members, we can see a sliver of the doll in the promotional shot of Mermaid Gown ( those sneaky, sneaky Mattel people!)
6. Lastly, Robert Best shared that next years Silkstone theme would be Italian Haute Couture also explained as The Grand Alta Moda . Rogier has a nice description of what that means here http://dutchbarbieworld.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/italian-doll-convention-part-3/. I can’t wait to see what Mr. Best has in store for us next year. Count me in!