Poppy Parker: Gallery Girl

I am in no way advocating the show “Gallery Girls” here.  I saw a little bit of it and was…well…not impressed.  The name rather comes from my idea when I redressed  the newly released “The Happening” Poppy Parker in Mattel’s Tim Gun separates.  I dressed her in the crisp white shirt and black skirt with glasses and thought she looked like some hip art gallery dealer.  The diorama just kind of filled in after that.  Hope you enjoy!

Model:  “The Happening” Poppy Parker

Clothing, glasses and shoes:  Barbie by Tim Gunn

20120826-IMG_9724-Editwmsizedframedwords copy

20120826-IMG_9749-Editwmsized

20120826-IMG_9727-Editwmsized

20120826-IMG_9744-Editwmsized

1. Matt

please don’t make me want to buy the Tim Gunn stuff…..lol

August 27, 2012 at 6:10 pm

• LOL! Just tell yourself..”Poppy made me do it”. Looking forward to seeing you and Matt in a few weeks 🙂

August 27, 2012 at 6:35 pm

2. I was a gallery girl at an Upper East Side gallery and I NEVER looked so fabulous!

August 27, 2012 at 6:17 pm

• Oh my word Hilda…I can totally see you as a hip and chic gallery girl. You are “wicked smart”.

August 27, 2012 at 6:36 pm

3. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!! LOVE! The Tim Gunn items are Amazing!!!! I need to shoot mine…Gah!!!!

August 27, 2012 at 6:30 pm

• I absolutely LOVE the Tim Gunn sets. Don’t even get me started on the little trench coat. It is in this shot…just off camera LOL!

August 27, 2012 at 6:38 pm

4. lovindollz

Your Poppy looks amazing!! I have to get Tim Gunn’s fashions!!!

Demetria

August 27, 2012 at 7:03 pm

• Thank you! I don’t think you will be disappointed with the Tim Gunn fashions.

August 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm

5. She looks fabulous and the diorama is amazing, too. Where on earth did you get the adorable coffee/tea pot? I am drawing a blank on the real name.

August 27, 2012 at 7:57 pm

• Thank you Vanessa! The little coffee pot is called a “French Press” and it is from Rement Dept Store set 8F. There are a couple on Ebay right now.

August 27, 2012 at 8:15 pm

6. She looks divine! What a great set. It happens to me too where I’ll re-dress a “little model” and voila things just magically appear in the set. Great shots!

August 28, 2012 at 8:18 am

• Thank you so much Susan! Don’t you just love it when things come together for a shoot.

September 3, 2012 at 7:18 pm

7. Hello from Spain: This gallery is gorgeous. I love this doll. I also like the carpet, and all the furniture. . Tim Gunn’s creations is very nice. Keep in touch

August 29, 2012 at 12:08 pm

• Thank you so much Marta! I am glad you liked the photos and diorama from this set. It was a fun one to do.

September 3, 2012 at 7:19 pm