Getting Ready for the Oscars

When I was doing  multiple posts on award show fashions, I was thinking wouldn’t it be fun to do a photo of Barbie getting ready for the Oscars.  I needed an appropriate background and Mattel provided that with their amazing new Barbie Look Wardrobe.  It also needed a bigger than life dress because it is…after all…the Oscars. Who better than Jason Wu and his talented team at Integrity Toys could do that?!  Finally, I needed the prefect model for the dress and I wanted someone who is not seen that often.  Since I am a deboxer, I have the luxury of redressing a rare or low production number doll.  For this photo shoot, I decided to use Pinch of Platinum.  She is a platinum edition doll which means there are no more than 999 of her in the world.  I also felt , given the pain and aggravation of her entry into my collection https://insidethefashiondollstudio.com/2011/05/25/pinch-of-platinum-how-about-a-bucket-of-valium/ , she deserved her moment to shine.  No valium necessary with this one .wink

Model, earings, shoes:  Pinch of Platinum Barbie

Bracelet:  Showgirl Silkstone Barbie

Gown:  Dark Romance Giselle NuFace Fashion Royalty

Set:  Barbie Look Wardrobe, Horsman pink chair and scroll side table, Jonathan Adler side table,  Randall Craig zebra rug and too many little items to name individually.  If you have questions on any item, just ask .

Stylist:  ITFDS

20130202-IMG_0517-Editwmsized

20130202-IMG_0496-Editwmsized

20130202-IMG_0509-Editwmsized

20130202-IMG_0511-Editwmsized20130202-IMG_0510-Editwmsized

How about this fabulous closet and it’s potential!  When it comes to diorama pieces folks…it doesn’t get any better than this.  My only complaint is the price.  It is pricey ( $70!!).  I purchased this one on sale and received $20 off.  That definitely made it more palatable.  It comes with three interchangeable backgrounds ( I love the black and white one!) and you could make your own too I suppose if you had big enough paper.  Oh, and drawers open and it comes with a bunch of hangers.  Someone mentioned on the doll boards that it would be great if Mattel could offer an extra set of hangers on their website.  Excellent notion!

20130202-IMG_0513-Editwmsized

20130202-IMG_0529-Editwmsized20130202-IMG_0528-Editwmsized

20130202-IMG_0544-Editwmsized

And… because Rebecca loves her macro lens…a few more shots of the doll and her accessories.  Love those shoes!  If you click them together three times and say “There is no place like Mattel” do you think you could be transported there?

20130202-IMG_0535-Editwmsized

20130202-IMG_0538-Editwmsized20130202-IMG_0526-Editwmsized

Music from the shoot…..

1. Robert Constant

Nice shots and great set dec. I’d like to work with this model someday! I will have to try and find her.

February 5, 2013 at 9:10 am

• Thank you! She is not the easiest to find but worth the hunt…in my opinion. Good Luck!

February 6, 2013 at 4:44 pm

2. Beautiful Photos!!!!!!

February 5, 2013 at 11:32 am

3. Sooo beautiful! I so wish I had the time/space/money/inclination to do this!

February 5, 2013 at 11:43 am

• Glad you enjoyed! Barbie has my dream closet…I will never have that but she will 🙂

February 6, 2013 at 4:46 pm

4. Joan

I love this set up, excellent work!!! I was recently was in a Ann Taylor shop and they had there dressing area done up similar to your Barbie dressing area. They had really pretty chandeliers, two ghost chairs and padded bench seats, all done in black white and pinks. It inspired me to make a dressing room diorama for my dolls.Your set up has inspired me even more!!

February 5, 2013 at 11:45 am

• Thank you Joan! Ohhhh your idea for a diorama sounds lovely. We will need pictures when you are done 🙂 I just love black, white and pink together.

February 6, 2013 at 4:53 pm

• Beth

We do also!! Those were the colors of my Layla’s (granddaughter) nursery the lighter pink and now redoing same colors but of course with Barbie pink..

February 22, 2013 at 11:13 pm

5. Loooove it!!! Now I need the wardrobe!

February 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm

• This wardrobe is amazing! I LOVE it. If you can grab it on sale, I would recommend it.

February 6, 2013 at 4:53 pm

• I’ll try! Problem is that I live in Spain and packages from the US always get stopped by customs and they charge high import costs. BUT, I’m thinking about enrolling Barbie Fan Club this year (mostly for the exclusive Silkstone) and will have my eye on the wardrobe too…

February 7, 2013 at 11:42 am

6. SusanS

Terrific set up Rebecca. I adore her red carpet fashion, and find it a fun touch that you laid her original gown on the chair. I also like the one fringe forward and the other back on her hair – sweet.

February 6, 2013 at 12:58 pm

• Thank you Susan! Wow! You really see the details. I was wondering if anyone would notice her original dress tossed on the chair 😉

February 6, 2013 at 4:55 pm

7. Deeee-vine! I’m enjoying the wardrobe and LOVE what you did with yours! Will it end on display in your Barbie room?
    your ardent fan-
    Peter H.

February 8, 2013 at 7:20 am

8. Samantha

Hello you so awe me..your blog, dolls, well everything is amazing.
    Question for you, as you excited me about the Barbies, I have tried to order a membership for hours now, and it only takes me to the checkout page and goes blank…do you know anything about this?

February 13, 2013 at 4:49 am

• Samantha

oops figured it out…I am in EST they are Central…I will just continue now to be awed

February 13, 2013 at 9:27 am

9. Beth

Oh my dear…I am picking my jaw up off the floor..here give me a minute, clunk..OK we’re back. Might I say “WOWOWOWOWOWOW”. She is on my wish list and you have done one DEVINE job with this shoot..Thanks for sharing as allways. Oh and I just went and ordered the wardrobe thank you very much, LOL..I was on the fence but just jumped over..:-)

February 22, 2013 at 10:59 pm

• Thank you for the fabulous comment Beth 🙂 I am glad you liked the photo…it was a really fun one to shoot. You won’t regret getting the wardrobe. I ADORE it.

March 8, 2013 at 8:55 am

• Beth

You are quite welcome my dear, you deserve it. You inspire me so much with your wonderful photo shoots. I subscribe to your blog and look forward to my email posts when they come!! Thanks again.. 🙂

March 8, 2013 at 7:04 pm

10. Avia

Where can u buy that doll dress and for how much?

August 9, 2013 at 10:23 am

• The gown in this photo is a Fashion Royalty convention doll fashion. Please refer to the blog post for the exact name. Your best bet to find this fashion is on Ebay or on the doll boards. 🙂

August 9, 2013 at 12:07 pm

11. Nissa

My jaw just dropped. I’m in love with this. You should feel so proud. Work of art. I have been looking for a dollhouse chandelier exactly like this. Would you mind telling me where you got it?

August 27, 2013 at 8:42 pm

• Thank you Nissa! I am glad you liked the photo. If I remember correctly, the chandelier I used in this shoot was a ornament. I believe it was a Halloween ornament so you may want to search for Halloween chandelier ornament and see what comes up. I believe I obtained this one at a local gift store about a year ago. Hope this helps.

August 27, 2013 at 9:05 pm

12. Pingback: Presenting at the Oscars | Inside the Fashion Doll Studio

13. Pingback: Oscar Night Glamour | Inside the Fashion Doll Studio

14. Pingback: Poppy Parker Live from the Oscars Red Carpet! | Inside the Fashion Doll Studio

15. rebecca

hola me encanta tu pagina mil felicidades aver si me puedes ayudar tengo una barbie de vestido blanco corto y pelo corto bellisima pero no se quien es tiene una cadena en forma de cruz parece una cantante o actriz voy a tratar de enviarte una foto para ver si me puedes ayudar o en su defecto recomendarme alguna pagina para poder descubrir quien es me la trajeron de afuera pero sin caja ni nada mas te agradecería si pudieras ayudarme gracias … desde Venezuela caracas

January 13, 2017 at 12:51 pm