More Grace from Mattel!

Mattel has just announced a new addition to the vinyl Grace Kelly Barbie line.  Robert Best has designed her wearing the incredibly beautiful black and white Rear Window “fresh from the Paris plane” gown designed by Edith Head.  I am jumping up and down excited….squeeeeeeeel!  Many costume historians put this gown down as one of the most copied and iconic gowns ever worn by Grace Kelly.    She is listed as a “pink label” doll and is scheduled for release in December.   She is listed for $34.95 currently on www.pinkponytail.com

Dear Santa….please put one of these under the Christmas tree for me Winking smile

V7554_Grace_Kelly_Rear_Window_2012

**Note**  Photo is property of Mattel, Inc.

rear window Grace_Kelly_1955_2 grace-kelly-rear-window

Mattel also released photos of a new Barbie designed by Robert Best called Hope Diamond Barbie.  Here name may change down the road but here are the first photos of her.  She will retail for $74.95 and is due out in Spring of 2012.  Steep price but it is the Hope Diamond after all. LOVE the gown and the gorgeous red hair.  I hope the production doll looks very similar to this!

W7818_Hope_Diamond_Barbie_2012

**Note**  Photo is property of Mattel, Inc.

1. bret

love the grace and the dress. can’t wait to see your photo soon 🙂

October 3, 2011 at 9:37 pm

• Thank you! Can’t wait to receive her in December so I can photograph her. 😉

October 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm

2. Vince

I love the Grace Kelly doll and outfit, and even though not always a blonde fan I think the Hope Diamond Barbie would look good as a Platinum Blonde, in either a white or pale blue dress with rhinestones on the dress. The style of the dress is nice but the color on the redhead is a little too dowdy looking and just doesn’t POP in my opinion. Diamonds I’m thinking a littlle more bling/sparkle.

October 3, 2011 at 10:09 pm

• Ohhhh you are so right Vince. She would have been stunning as a platinum blonde. I hear your point about the dress color but I think her pale skin tone would not suit a pale color and that is perhaps why they chose the red hair as well. It contrasts so well with the color of the gown and the pale skin. I would absolutely LOVE to see a platinum blonde with that hairstyle in a pale blue gown though….gorgeous! Also..I think the color of the gown mimics the actual perceived color of the Hope Diamond so perhaps that was what they were going for with the color. Just a thought.

October 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm

3. Thanks a lot Rebecca, I just ordered all four Grace Kelly dolls from the Pink Ponytail and it is all your fault! I don’t even collect this size, I like the bigger fashion dolls! I am a big Grace Kelly fan and have recreated several of her costumes for the 16″ sized dolls. I am looking forward to receiving my dolls. You are an enabler!

October 4, 2011 at 10:06 am

• LOL! What can I say….I have a gift for enabeling. Seriously though these ladies are gorgeous and I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Grace Kelly Silkstone giftset with the trousseau outfits. I will be so excited to receive the rear window edition. Since you are such a talented lady, I bet the versions you made for the 16 inch ladies are stunning.

October 4, 2011 at 7:29 pm