Love in Praga

This past year at The National Barbie Doll Collector Convention, the talented Magia2000 team of Mario Paglino and Gianni Grossi presented a collection that was very close to their hearts.  They showcased a OOAK collection centered on the theme of love.  A fitting theme as they announced at this event that they would be tying the knot themselves later that year.   How special is that?!!  There wasn’t a dry eye in the house after that announcement.  With all of the love going on in that room, many collectors walked away with the right to purchase some of this stunningly beautiful collection.  They used a new system of drawing numbers and when your number was drawn you could choose from what was left or decline to purchase.  The people who had their numbers chosen early walked away with their first choice of the options.  I was lucky enough to have my number chosen while one of my favorites was still up for purchase.  Her name is “Love in Praga” which I understand to mean Love in Prague.  I am honored and so very pleased to have this one of a kind creation in my collection and was so happy to participate in this celebration of love at the NBDCC in 2015.

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio 'Love in Praga'

To see more of the beauties Mario and Gianni designed for this past convention, feel free to visit the gallery at their site Magia2000.

-Rebecca

1. Tracie Byrd

Congrats! She is breathtaking Rebecca! I missed their party this year much to my disappointment. I am lucky enough to own 3 of their masterpieces and my eyes light up every time I look at them. ❤ 🙂

February 23, 2016 at 6:43 am

• Congratulations on having some of these amazing pieces of art in your collection Tracie! 🙂

February 24, 2016 at 9:10 am

2. You picked a great doll! I must say I am over taken with happiness! I love polkadots, see thru and pink! This also reminds me of Barbie’s Pink nighty p.j. set with the robe, from the 1st.doll. I have mine from my childhood and still just adore it! Her jewelry and purse are so perfect! Congrats on picking thus one! I can see this being copied.💗💖💓

February 23, 2016 at 6:57 am

• Thank you Karen! I was thrilled when my number was called relatively early on. I am glad these photos bring back fond memories of that favorite Barbie outfit. 🙂

February 24, 2016 at 9:12 am

3. bevey99

Another of their beauties came to live with you. She’s stunning.

February 23, 2016 at 7:55 am

• 😉 Yes indeed one did. Thank you my dear.

February 24, 2016 at 9:13 am

4. Heavenly! Very happy to see this lovely again.

Sent from my iPhone

February 23, 2016 at 9:29 am

• Thank you Hilda! Thanks for making it possible to go to the show and taking care of the sales room! You are the best. Oh and even better..thanks for taking care of my camera 😉

February 24, 2016 at 9:14 am

5. Oh goodness! What a show stopper! The gown is simply stunning. She looks like she belongs in your collection Rebecca!

February 23, 2016 at 1:18 pm

• Awwww! Thank you so much Deanna!

February 24, 2016 at 9:15 am

6. She is so fabulous!! I love her Magia2000 does such a beautiful job with all their dolls.

February 23, 2016 at 7:48 pm

• Thank you! Yes, the team at Magia2000 never ever disappoint. True artisans the both of them and the nicest pair of gentleman you could meet.

February 24, 2016 at 9:16 am