2016 Inspirations-The Year Ahead

So…I am sitting here this morning with my morning cup of java ( hating the fact that its non fat creamer because I am doing that “lets do a diet” to start the year off right thing)  and getting inspiration for the year of blogging ahead.  I finally have some free time ahead of me and really want to devote more time to this blog that I love and the collection that is such a hobby of joy for me to photograph and talk about.  As I was sinking my teeth into the first few screens of Pinterest and Instagram images for the morning,  I stumbled upon a number of images that just took flight in my head and had me thinking about dioramas and lots of yummy content for the blog.  I just have to share.

I don’t know about you guys but I love illustrations.  I particularly enjoy fashion illustrations which is why I have a number of limited prints by Robert Best.   If you follow the Barbie Instagram account, you might have already enjoyed this woman’s work.  I have to admit, I’m a newbie to her lovely illustrations but I am already a huge fan.  Her name is Kerrie Hess

©Kerrie Hess

©Kerrie Hess

©Kerrie Hess

©Kerrie Hess

And the next couple I am including for my sister Hilda Winking smile

©Kerrie Hess

©Kerrie Hess

Aren’t these scrumptious!!!  Now…to figure out how to percolate some of these illustrations and ideas into background and diorama ideas for our 1/6 ladies.  Oh yes, Rebecca is inspired now.

1. Yummy yummy yummy! Love these! Hmmmm….gears are whirling in my head.

January 17, 2016 at 11:49 am

2. Anne-Marie

I love these!! Thanks for sharing – I was not familiar with her. Happy New Year Rebecca!

January 17, 2016 at 11:55 am

• Happy to share Anne-Marie!! Happy New Year to you too 🙂

January 17, 2016 at 11:58 am

3. bevey99

I know the work of Megan Hess but not Kerrie Hess. Have a hundreds of illustrations on one of my Pinterest boards.

January 17, 2016 at 12:04 pm

• Megan Hess is coming up in the second post 😉 Her work is very detailed and I love it as well but there is something so very romantic about this watercolored illustration. LOVE! So very girly and so Barbie.

January 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm

4. Sheila Nero

I’m so happy to receive this post those prints are just beautiful! Can’t wait to see how great you include them in your work!

Sent from my iPhone

January 17, 2016 at 12:14 pm

• Can’t wait to try and realize some of the ideas that are running around in my head now. Glad this post made you happy Sheila!

January 17, 2016 at 12:18 pm

5. JEgnor

Nicely done ink and (I assume) watercolors. Thank you for sharing this artist.

January 17, 2016 at 2:35 pm

6. Lorena Ashcroft

Beautiful illustrations. Always enjoy your posts.

January 17, 2016 at 3:34 pm

7. I love her too, I have a collection of Coloring books, I hope she produces one as well. I would love to pencil crayon color here wonderful drawings. They are so uplifting, the colors and sheer prettiness of them make me smile.

January 17, 2016 at 5:16 pm

8. Kathie

These are so fresh and feminine! I just love them!

January 17, 2016 at 5:21 pm

• Saul

I love the work of Kerrie and Megan, if you love illustrations you should check out Hayden Williams, I love his barbie work.

January 17, 2016 at 9:38 pm