Redressed Principessa

I am happy to have received this one and shared some much needed photographs.  I love the fact that when Mattel fails to come through with information or images, the collector community steps forward and supplies what it can.  Case in point, it looks like those of us who have received this doll first, are posting photos for those who are hungry for more information.  Kudo’s to the collector community for “marketing” this doll.

For those of you interested in what this lady looks like redressed and  what is happening under that veil…here you go.

Model:  Principessa™ Barbie®

dress:  Bogue’s Vogues

© 2014 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

© 2014 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

© 2014 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

© 2014 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

The braid is not too bad.  I am not real happy with how it is left on the side of her face without being tucked in somewhere.  I wish it went all the way over and under the other side.  That would have been a cleaner look in my opinion.  As it stands though it is not horrific…just could be better.  You can tuck the little end of the braid into the surrounding hair but you will still see the bulky rubber band that secures the braid at the end.  Solution….photograph from the left….or..you could just do away with the braid all together.  I think I might do that at some point in the future.  For today, however, I just put on my big girl pants and dealt with it.

© 2014 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

I thought the hairstyle of this one was perfect for a 1950’s shirtwaist from Mr Bogue.  I put holes in her ears ( nope..she does not come with predrilled holes) and inserted some pearl studs.  Now she looks finished.

1. Wow!! Great doll but seriously no earring holes either??? I love her skin coloring. Much prettier than the pale skin tone they use so much of lately!! Great pictures.

April 28, 2014 at 4:24 pm

• I agree Barb. The skin tone with this one is really pretty…more pinky peach than chalky white. Thank you for the lovely comment. 🙂

April 29, 2014 at 8:50 am

2. Deborah

What lovely photos and the BV dress is utterly charming! I adore this gal, but like you pointed out, she does seem a bit unfinished and it will be up to us to finish her. I don’t think she has even been shown on the BFC…what is up with them this year? I guess I need to find a dealer so I can purchase Barbie Dolls. It is getting to the point …oh I’ll stop…I don’t want to rant! LOL
    I hope to purchase her soon. Her hair reminds me of Palm Beach Swimsuit, which finally grew on me. I hope this doll doesn’t have the splayed legs like the PB series.
    Thanks for keeping up updated on new dolls. Your photos are priceless.

April 28, 2014 at 4:27 pm

• Oh go ahead and rant Deborah….I know I am LOL! The only way Mattel is going to realize that customers are not happy is with feedback. Use your consumer voice all you want. Her hair is very much like Palm Dessert. The curl is very soft, which I like, but it is easily frizzed so take care with it. I am not seeing the “splayed leg” problem with this one so that is a plus. Thank you so much! I am glad you like the photos.

April 29, 2014 at 8:53 am

3. She looks beautiful now, Rebecca! Love her hair coloring, skin tone and that dress is to die for on her!! Do you have a tiny bobby pin? Maybe you could take the rubber band off, undo part of the end of her braid and tuck the braid under her hair on that side with a bobby pin? I have a tiny one that came with my vintage Tammy doll (from Ideal). How do you drill holes for earrings (safely?). I have a Silkstone that needs larger holes – she has minute ones but I can’t get any earrings in them! Where can I look for this doll to purchase (besides Ebay?).

April 28, 2014 at 4:39 pm

• Good idea about the bobby pin! The braid is more of a twist so I am afraid without the rubber band and anchoring it will just untwist…will have to investigate and see what I can come up with 🙂 If I have a silkie that needs bigger earing holes, I usually use a push pin or thumb tack. Most times, however, a corsage pin( pearl tipped pin) works very well…they are a little thicker than a sewing pin. I had one left over from a wedding and use it all the time with my collection. I purchased Principessa through Windy City Dolls. She is very reliable and ships quickly. She may be out of stock right now but will be getting more in.

April 29, 2014 at 8:57 am

• Thanks, Rebecca!! I do have a corsage pin. I will try that – maybe with a thimble on my finger, though!! Lol I will have a look at Windy City Dolls, too!! 🙂 Thanks so much for showing this new Silkie to us!!

April 29, 2014 at 11:33 am

4. LauraLA

Gorgeous choice for the re-dress. Looking forward to seeing what you do with her hair.

April 28, 2014 at 5:08 pm

• Thank you Laura! I think for now I will keep in the Marlo Thomas flip. I am liking it 🙂

April 29, 2014 at 8:58 am

5. Julia (wholeeah)

Perfection, Rebecca. Love the dress you chose to redress her in.

April 28, 2014 at 6:14 pm

• Thank you Julia!! I can’t wait to see what you do with this beauty. I love how you altered the wedding gown and put it on Dulcissima. Perfection there!

April 29, 2014 at 8:59 am

6. Beyond perfect, love her in the BV dress. She’s very beautiful and totally 50’s!

April 29, 2014 at 1:56 am

• That hair style just called for a 50’s shirtwaist right? 🙂 I am glad you enjoyed. Thank you for the lovely comment.

April 29, 2014 at 8:59 am

7. Josée

I liked her already but redressed she’s breathtaking and as usual your presentation is superb. Just like you said thanks to fellow collectors who put the time and effort to step up when Mattel itself doesn’t bother much. Thanks Rebecca!

April 29, 2014 at 5:13 am

• Awwww! Thank you Josée!! I am glad you liked the photos.

April 29, 2014 at 9:00 am

8. Pam

I’m suffering from major palpitations here!!! Holy Batmobile! You’ve convinced me to now need 2 of these ladies… Utterly fabulous redress Miss R!

April 29, 2014 at 9:16 pm

9. mole

She has resemblance with palm Beach silkstone, I think the hair!

May 1, 2014 at 10:30 pm

• Yes, she does resembles Palm Beach Swimsuit Silkstone. I was worried that I would not like the streaked hair…but it isn’t bad IMO.

May 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

10. Vanessa

Beautiful pictures. How did you make the earrings holes?

May 3, 2014 at 11:29 pm

• Thank you Vanessa! I mad the earring holes with a large corsage pin..you know..the kind you get with coursages at weddings. They are bigger and they have a pearl tip on them. This makes it easier to push in.

May 5, 2014 at 8:55 pm