Sweet,Swiss and Provencale

The title of this post sounds like a new bistro sandwich LOL!  The earlier gowns of the BFMC Barbie line are the favorites of many.  This gown from a Barbie called “Provencale” with it’s delicate blue and white pattern was originally worn by a short haired redhead.

50829_Alt01

(source Barbiecollector.com)

50829

(source Barbiecollector.com)

I have never warmed to that particular doll in that dress.  I love the dress and I love the doll…just not together.  This dress, since it entered my collection, has graced the form of French Maid Barbie.

4261701336_07f9651f6a_o

For a time last week, this gown was beautifully worn by the newly released red haired Poppy Parker.  Hope you like the photos.

Model:  Sweet in Switzerland Poppy Parker

Gown and Jewelry:  Provencale™ Barbie® Doll

20130625-IMG_1385-Editwmsized

20130625-IMG_1400-Editwmsized

20130626-IMG_1412-Editwmsized

20130626-IMG_1407-Editwmsized20130626-IMG_1406-Editwmsized

And just in case you needed even more drama in these photos….

20130626-IMG_1430-EditBWwmsized

20130625-IMG_1385-Editwmsizedfiltered_edited-1

1. Beautiful! Especially the B&W shot!

June 30, 2013 at 8:00 am

• Thank you! You know me..if I can add drama…I am going to do it. 🙂

July 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm

2. Suzette

Wow, you definitely hit on the right combination of gown and model! The B&W looks like a still from a 1930’s or 1940’s Hollywood film noir. Magnificent!!!

June 30, 2013 at 11:12 am

• Thank you Suzette! That was exactly the look I was going for so I am glad that came through.

July 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm

3. molekiss

French maid look lovely with provencale gown , oh your poppy look so elegant with this gown and love her hair color.

June 30, 2013 at 11:56 am

• This particular redhead looks amazing in this color blue. 🙂

July 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm

4. Lori Birkeneder

I watched THE RELUCTANT DEBUTANTE this morning with Sandra Dee and Rex Harrison. Most of the outfits in the movie made me say out loud -“that could be a Barbie outfit!”. One of the outfits really looked like this dress!!

June 30, 2013 at 12:42 pm

• I need to pull this movie up on my Netflix cue 🙂 There are so many fabulous fashions in those Sandra Dee movies…I had forgotten. I am glad you like the photos!

July 1, 2013 at 1:20 pm

5. leslie quinn

Just Fabulous!

June 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm

6. LOVE this!

June 30, 2013 at 6:46 pm

• Thank you Peter! Don’t you just love the drama and romance of this. 🙂

July 1, 2013 at 1:21 pm

7. Love, love love!!!

July 1, 2013 at 4:51 am

• 🙂 Thank you Judy!! {{Hugs!}}

July 1, 2013 at 1:22 pm

8. Tiffany

Now that is one amazing gown. I really love your black and whites. Where do you live? Wish I could sit in on one of your shoots sometime and glean from your expertise.
    Happy Monday! Tif

July 1, 2013 at 10:53 am

• Thank you Tiffany! I live in the Pacific Northwest just outside of Seattle. It’s funny because I have been thinking of doing a youtube video about doll photography. Thank you for the lovely comment on my B&W’s . That has been an area in my photography, that I have really been working on improving.

July 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm

9. Lisa D.

Wowza, she looks stunning in this!! Fabulous redress!

July 2, 2013 at 10:16 pm

10. Tiffany

You have the best props too! Love the chandelier and the opulent wall, with black and white checkered flooring in the recent Monogram photo, magnifique! I grew up in Oregon and my family is still there! Portland, Salem and Molalla, if you know where that is? LOVE SEATTLE! I’m so glad I found your site. Very inspirational!

July 18, 2013 at 10:02 am

• Thank you so much for the lovely comments Tiffany. I am glad you found my site too :-). I am very familiar with Portland. One of my good friends Hilda of Bellissima Couture lives there.

July 19, 2013 at 6:57 am

• Tiffany

I will have to look her up and see her couture designs!

July 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm

11. G. Drake

I’m late to comment on this (4 years!), but I’m wondering about what seems to be variations in the color of the fabric. The promo pictures and some other photos I’ve seen show a white background to the print, but yours and others look yellowish, and the one I just got in the mail today is almost tan. Were there differences in the fabric color for some dolls? The gloves that came with mine are a light aqua that doesn’t match the blue and I’m not happy about that either. Are you still living near Seattle? Amazing. I live near Seattle too. Hope you have time to answer this.

November 8, 2017 at 12:10 pm