Sweet,Swiss and Provencale

The title of this post sounds like a new bistro sandwich LOL!  The earlier gowns of the BFMC Barbie line are the favorites of many.  This gown from a Barbie called “Provencale” with it’s delicate blue and white pattern was originally worn by a short haired redhead.

50829_Alt01

(source Barbiecollector.com)

50829

(source Barbiecollector.com)

I have never warmed to that particular doll in that dress.  I love the dress and I love the doll…just not together.  This dress, since it entered my collection, has graced the form of French Maid Barbie.

4261701336_07f9651f6a_o

For a time last week, this gown was beautifully worn by the newly released red haired Poppy Parker.  Hope you like the photos.

Model:  Sweet in Switzerland Poppy Parker

Gown and Jewelry:  Provencale™ Barbie® Doll

20130625-IMG_1385-Editwmsized

20130625-IMG_1400-Editwmsized

20130626-IMG_1412-Editwmsized

20130626-IMG_1407-Editwmsized20130626-IMG_1406-Editwmsized

And just in case you needed even more drama in these photos….

20130626-IMG_1430-EditBWwmsized

20130625-IMG_1385-Editwmsizedfiltered_edited-1

1. Beautiful! Especially the B&W shot!

June 30, 2013 at 8:00 am

• Thank you! You know me..if I can add drama…I am going to do it. 🙂

July 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm

2. Suzette

Wow, you definitely hit on the right combination of gown and model! The B&W looks like a still from a 1930’s or 1940’s Hollywood film noir. Magnificent!!!

June 30, 2013 at 11:12 am

• Thank you Suzette! That was exactly the look I was going for so I am glad that came through.

July 1, 2013 at 1:18 pm

3. molekiss

French maid look lovely with provencale gown , oh your poppy look so elegant with this gown and love her hair color.

June 30, 2013 at 11:56 am

• This particular redhead looks amazing in this color blue. 🙂

July 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm

4. Lori Birkeneder

I watched THE RELUCTANT DEBUTANTE this morning with Sandra Dee and Rex Harrison. Most of the outfits in the movie made me say out loud -“that could be a Barbie outfit!”. One of the outfits really looked like this dress!!

June 30, 2013 at 12:42 pm

• I need to pull this movie up on my Netflix cue 🙂 There are so many fabulous fashions in those Sandra Dee movies…I had forgotten. I am glad you like the photos!

July 1, 2013 at 1:20 pm

5. leslie quinn

Just Fabulous!

June 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm

6. LOVE this!

June 30, 2013 at 6:46 pm

• Thank you Peter! Don’t you just love the drama and romance of this. 🙂

July 1, 2013 at 1:21 pm

7. Love, love love!!!

July 1, 2013 at 4:51 am

• 🙂 Thank you Judy!! {{Hugs!}}

July 1, 2013 at 1:22 pm

8. Tiffany

Now that is one amazing gown. I really love your black and whites. Where do you live? Wish I could sit in on one of your shoots sometime and glean from your expertise.
    Happy Monday! Tif

July 1, 2013 at 10:53 am

• Thank you Tiffany! I live in the Pacific Northwest just outside of Seattle. It’s funny because I have been thinking of doing a youtube video about doll photography. Thank you for the lovely comment on my B&W’s . That has been an area in my photography, that I have really been working on improving.

July 1, 2013 at 1:25 pm

9. Lisa D.

Wowza, she looks stunning in this!! Fabulous redress!

July 2, 2013 at 10:16 pm

10. Tiffany

You have the best props too! Love the chandelier and the opulent wall, with black and white checkered flooring in the recent Monogram photo, magnifique! I grew up in Oregon and my family is still there! Portland, Salem and Molalla, if you know where that is? LOVE SEATTLE! I’m so glad I found your site. Very inspirational!

July 18, 2013 at 10:02 am

• Thank you so much for the lovely comments Tiffany. I am glad you found my site too :-). I am very familiar with Portland. One of my good friends Hilda of Bellissima Couture lives there.

July 19, 2013 at 6:57 am

• Tiffany

I will have to look her up and see her couture designs!

July 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm