Workshop Poppy Parker

One of the many benefits of going to convention is the opportunity to participate in a workshop.  This year I learned how to do some minor face paint adjustments and restyle hair.  I found the workshops both informative and just plain fun.  One of the additional perks of the workshops is that you typically can purchase a special doll to use as practice in these workshops.  I was able to secure a spot in the Poppy Parker hairstyle class with Matt Sutton so I was able to purchase one of the Poppy Parker workshop dolls and I ADORE her.  I did not play with her hair in the class like many of the others because I just felt she was perfect as is.  I liked how Integrity Toys handled the workshops this year as well.  They set up the actual classroom spaces to be first come first serve but made 300 workshop dolls available to those who wished to just purchase the doll.  It seemed like most people were happy with that…if they didn’t get into the class, they could at least get the doll.  I believe most if not all of the extra workshop dolls were available for purchase in the sales room too.  The Poppy Parker workshop dolls sold out first on sales room day ( you lucky dogs at the front of the line!) .    The photos will tell you why Smile

Tropicalia workshop Poppy Parker and Dream Teen Poppy Parker in Envied and Passionate Monogram dresses.  Chair was a gift to all convention attendees.

Note:  You don’t need an elaborate background to have an interesting backdrop.  Sometimes the boxes themselves can be interesting and fun.

20121007-IMG_9973-Editwmsized

20121007-IMG_9964-Editwmsized

20121007-IMG_9979-Editwmsized

20121007-IMG_9966-Editwmsized

20121007-IMG_9982-Editwmsized

1. They look wonderful. WSP is by far one of the prettiest dolls of the convention (IMO). She’ll be a hit for holiday redressing. 🙂

October 8, 2012 at 6:12 am

• Thank you my dear. I completely agree with you. She was a sleeper hit for me at this convention. I can’t wait to see what some gowns will look like on her 🙂

October 9, 2012 at 6:35 am

2. Eeeek! A red headed Poppy. Love her. You are right, her hair is perfect. Poppy dolls have eluded me thus far, but one day…..

October 8, 2012 at 6:19 am

• Be very careful Vanessa….once you start….there will be no going back LOL!

October 9, 2012 at 6:36 am

3. Hello from Spain: wow, wow … I love these dolls. Poppy is my favorite. I also really like the clothes they are wearing. . Keep in touch

October 8, 2012 at 12:51 pm

• Thank you Marta! Poppy is a particular favorite of mine too. 🙂

October 9, 2012 at 6:36 am

4. SusanS

Gotta love a redhead – she is beautiful!

October 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm

• Hey Susan! Good to hear from you 🙂 Heeehee, yes you do have to love those redheads 😉

October 9, 2012 at 6:37 am

5. Madame L

Oh my, the workshop Poppy is so pretty and looks fab in that green Monogram dress!! She is a real stunner with her hair down! Lovely shots of both Poppy’s – I like how Dream Teen is relaxing in her beach chair trying not to acknowledge how pretty workshop Poppy looks, haha”

October 9, 2012 at 11:10 am