Integrity Toys 2012 Reveal….the aftermath

Well, a week has gone by and those in the Fashion Royalty collecting world are still absorbing the massive amount of new eye candy that was displayed at the Integrity Toys webinar.  I think it is safe to say  that Integrity blew many collectors socks off with their new offerings for 2012.  Evidence of that is clear…dealers have sold out preorders on many products already.  Another factor in the early sold out status this year were lower edition sizes and smaller allotments to a growing number of dealers.  This resulted in many collectors being told  “ sorry, we are sold out of the doll you ordered.”   Very frustrating!  I would imagine it is a tough road to walk for Integrity and its dealers.  A business would want to keep edition sizes low to decrease excessive inventory for their dealers while helping to maintain value for their customers.  It’s that low supply/ high demand economics 101 again.  A business also has to satisfy its customer and it would appear that many of Integrity’s loyal customers were left wanting in this last round of preorders.  Finding the right edition size is not an exact science and I do believe there is something to be said for leaving your customers always wanting for more….but you don’t want to starve them right?  I just can’t help but wonder if perhaps they guessed a little low with their numbers this time around.   I managed to procure everything that I wanted through my amazing dealer ( Love ya Barb!)…but I really feel for those who were not able to get what they wanted and I feel for the dealers who had to disappoint many of their loyal customers because they simply did not have the allotments to satisfy demand.  Where is the happy medium??

Yes Integrity…you have that good of a collection for 2012….hope you have not lost some collectors with the stingy edition sizes this year.

Here were my favorites for this latest 2012 reveal.Rebecca's picks for 2012 copy

I am not saying I ordered all of these….but I’m not saying I didn’t either Winking smile

The Kyori gift set was the definite winner if current doll board feedback and the speed with which it sold out is any indication.

SP2012_Kyori_full_WEBSP2012_Kyori_CU_WEB SP2012_Kyori_full2_WEB

Some other early preorder sellouts were the Nu.Face Lillith and Eden gift set and Giselle, Fashion Royalty’s Adele and FR2’s Tatyana.  The Mod Poppy Parker line sold out on preorders in …I swear….nano seconds.

After a new collection comes out, I always find it fascinating to research and see comments from others on fashions that may have inspired the collection designs.  Obviously Jason Wu’s designs will be an inspiration but I am pleased to see that other designers works are favored as well.  I wish I could take credit for the sleuthing on these and finding all of them but I cannot.  I found a number of these from the very observant and talented members of the WClub forum.

First up is Kyori pictured above….it looks like the skirt portion of her evening gown was inspired by Zac Posen’s Spring 2012 RTW

Zac Posen Spring 2012 RTW

Another of Zac Posen’s designs may have inspired FR2’s Ayumi as well…

SP2012_ayumi_full3_WEB

zac-posen-pre-fall-2012-Hilary-Rhoda-1

The collection Adele may have gotten inspiration from Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 RTW

SP2012_Adele_full2_WEB

Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 RTW 1

Adele’s accessories were definitely inspired…. SP2012_Adele_access_WEB

by McQueen 2012 Spring RTW and Louis Vuitton Spring 2012

AlexanderMcQueen-Shoes-Spring-2012f louis_vuitton_spring_2012_bags03

Lilith and Eden Giftset clearly took some direction from Gucci’s 2012 Spring RTW

SP2012_twins_full_WEB

Gucci 2012 Spring RTW Gucci 2012 Spring RTW 2

Dania looks to have been inspired by Integrity’s design captain Jason Wu – Spring 2012 RTW

SP2012_Dania_full_WEB

Jason Wu Spring 2012 RTW 1

**Photos used in the post were from www.style.com and Integrity Toys, Inc.**

1. Shuga-Shug

LOL – so did you or didn’t you order a million dolls this time? Your statement allows you plausible deniability methinks! LOL – thanks for the inspiration pics! I always love knowing I get a “mini” version of something I could never afford!

April 10, 2012 at 10:28 am

• Let’s just say I didn’t order all that I wanted….but I ordered more than I should have 😉 {{cough}}…more plausible deniability…{cough}} The members of the WClub forum are amazing at finding those inspiration photos. I can only come up with a few. I completely agree with you in that I love having a mini version of these designer works of art…that I would never be able to afford…or fit into frankly {snort!}

April 10, 2012 at 10:34 am

• I think we can safely say that many of us ordered less than we wanted but more than we should have! I’m just happy that most of what is left on my wanted list has now been sold out so I can no longer be tempted!

April 10, 2012 at 11:00 am

• You always have THE BEST attitude. Thank you for that!

April 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm

2. MissC

Re: the edition sizes

AMEN!0
    I was so annoyed that I almost cancelled the pre-orders that I did get because of the one that I didn’t get. I guess now I’ll have to try to find an even more over-priced one on evil-bay. In addition to the ludicrously small edition sizes, they’re pretty much passing their own price point. I think that Integrity is really missing the point of bad sales. I have a couple of FR dolls from last year still in the box and I plan on selling them because I just can’t bond with them. Last year (IMO) was the worst FR line ever. Even Eugenia, and I LOVE Eugenia. They have dolls left over that won’t sell because they don’t have ‘it.’

Re: Kyori’s long dress

I kept thinking that it could be Jean Paul Gaultier…he’s done a lot of ‘curved piping’ on the hips, but I could never find one with the hem the same as Kyori. I can really see the ZP influence. I’m always so impressed with your ability to find these correlations between doll fashion and ‘people’ couture.

April 10, 2012 at 10:58 am

• Hi MissC,
      Sooooo sorry you were one of the many not able to get all that you were hoping to get. I hope it helps to know you are not alone. I am afraid to see Ebay when things finally start to come in. I will be afraid to see how many scalpers were out there buying up stock for the sole purpose of reselling at highly inflated prices. I know I am making big assumptions and judging based upon those assumptions here ( and yes…that does make me an ass ;-)) but for this particular collection the ebay markups are really going to hurt…emotionally as well as monetarily. I am glad you liked the fashion inspiration photos. Most of the credit for those has to go to the WClub and it’s members on the forums who did the sleuthing and were willing to post about it. Given that inspriation was definitely taken from the Spring RTW shows of this past year, makes me more likely to pay attention to the Spring RTW shows for 2013 😉

April 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm

• MissC

I found the World on a String Eugenia inspiration…finally! I got one!
        John Galliano Fall 2011 RTW (http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2011RTW-JNGALLNO?event=show2262&designer=design_house26&trend=&iphoto=0#slide=7)

Thank you for your kind words, and yes, buying on ebay will hurt this year. It’s really silly for me to get so worked up over something that I shouldn’t spend my money on and can live without. I’m really running out of room, but I’m still collecting. I am a total anachronism. Just one more, it won’t take up much room, it’s only 12 inches tall….

I think that it’s really generous of you to give the credit to the forum members, you could take the credit for yourself, and I would never know.
        But thank you for sharing the info. I don’t read the forum posts as often as I should.

April 11, 2012 at 7:08 am

• Well done MissC! Super sleuthing on your part. You should share this one on the WClub boards. People would love to see it. It’s fun to see all these inspirations come through in 1/6 form.

April 13, 2012 at 9:25 am

3. I think the club Agnes inspiration for at least the colors and detailing came from the Spring 2012 Valentino line…link and photo on my blog:

April 10, 2012 at 12:43 pm

• Thank you so much for sharing the information and link! It sure does look like inspiration came from that line for the club Agnes…hello! the embroidery!! Love your blog. 😉

April 10, 2012 at 1:02 pm

4. vanessamorrison

I enjoyed seeing all the fashion inspirations! I feel bad for those who didn’t get what they wanted. I know how that feels. I don’t collect dolls anymore, but I do buy dolls. ALL THE TIME! There were a few (at least 6) that I would have loved to have, but didn’t bother. I even decided not to join the W Club because I know I am a doll addict and joining the club would have made my addiction and my wallet worse than it is. I’ve been blessed because the 5 FR dolls that I wanted all found their way to my home at rock bottom prices. If the ones in this line were meant for me, they will make it, too (for retail or less). I can’t wait to see what you bought!

April 11, 2012 at 5:41 pm

• Hi Vanessa! You are a stronger woman that I 😉 I wish I could give up my addiction but alas…that particular self help eludes me. I look forward to sharing photos of my purchases as they come in. Stay tuned…..

April 13, 2012 at 9:27 am