The Upper Echelon of Integrity Toy’s Monograms

WEB_93023_full

** photo property of Integrity Toys, Inc. **

I have to admit….the original outfit on this one just didn’t do it for me personally.  I know what a bubble skirt looks like on me ( NOT PRETTY!) and I just could not get past it on this doll.  I love the black top, shoes and bag…the rest…. well…time to repurpose.  On to the positives….  Love the face of soft color and the hair was a different style.  I typically like most variations on an updo so the little curl this girl has in the back was just too adorable.   Yes, the hair bump has been overused ,in my opinion, at Integrity this year but on this doll, I like it.   Since the outfit wasn’t doing it for me, I had to find an appropriate replacement and inspiration struck while I was perusing the latest edition of Vogue.  There is a wonderful spread highlighting the Ritz in Paris.  I would absolutely die to have a backdrop of some of these rooms for my dolls.   It’s the ultimate in style, I mean come on…Coco Chanel lived there!  I saw one photo in this spread and it inspired me to do this shoot.  Hope you like it.

< Let them eat Cake… >

Model:  Fashion Royalty Monogram “ Echelon”

Coat, skirt and gloves:  F.R. Power Play

Shoes:  F.R. Monogram

Fur:  Dimitha

Fascinator Hat:  made by me

20120323-IMG_8691-Editeditedwmsized

20120323-IMG_8688-Editeditedwmsized

20120323-IMG_8699-Editeditedwmsized

Let them eat cake 3 copy

1. Breathtaking, Rebecca! Absolutely gorgeous. You are making me want this doll, and I didn’t order her!

March 31, 2012 at 11:54 am

• Thank you so much Hilda! I had to take her out of that outfit to find something that would work in my collection. I need to put her in one of your fashions. 😉

March 31, 2012 at 1:32 pm

2. Beautiful styling and photos, Rebecca – and great hat!

March 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm

3. Don in Seattle

OH yeah baby!!!!! This is a gorgeous diorama and the doll has a great face. Rebecca where are you buying your supplies for the fascinator? I find Seattle such a ghost town when it comes to great fabric and small accessories….Am I looking in the wrong places ?
    Photography is great, styling in great……..Well you know everything just is so nice to the eyes.

Don

April 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

• Hi Don,
      Let me just say it’s so nice to see another collector in the Seattle area! It gives me a warm fuzzy every time you comment and that’s hard to do in this crappy spring Pacific Northwest weather we are having 🙂 I am so glad you liked this set of photos. I had so much fun with this one and it all started with that hat. The hat was made by snipping some fronds ( is that the word??don’t know…) from an ostrich feather that I picked up at Michael’s. I think I found the paper roses at Michael’s too…so long ago, can’t rememmber. All I did was hot glue the feathers to the rose and curl the feathers and voilà. I was going for the Marie Antionette look so the hat was perfect for the scene. I find it so interesting how one item can inspire the entire diorama.

Hope this info helps,
      Rebecca

April 3, 2012 at 11:10 am

4. Don in Seattle

Thanks Rebecca,
    What is with Seattle weather this year???? Worse ever. I must get myself to Michaels and just look around . Back in the day when Bearzabout was around I would go to the Ben Franklin in Redmond, but not for years. Oh well . part of the fun is the chase to find it.

Stay dry

Don

April 5, 2012 at 5:21 am

5. charmain dent

hi,i just love the cherry blossom flowers.i live in australia and i buy of the web.where could i find them please?

August 26, 2014 at 5:55 am

6. lady-stormwind

I agree about the dress. When I saw the promo shots I thought she was not for me, but after your post I decided that I wanted her. Now she’s one of my favorite Monogram. Your photos are wonderful and the diorama so elegant.

October 23, 2016 at 9:29 am