Birth of a Doll Room
- Shelving for displaying dolls
- Larger shelving for diorama displays
- storage for clothing, boxed dolls, accessories and diorama items
- a table or work surface
- ability to make the room multifunctional –wall bed?
- lighting in the display cabinets
- easy access to electrical outlets on diorama display shelves
- large display area (2′ x 3′ and at least 18 inches tall) for Barbie Vintage Fashion Shop display
- Better overall lighting in the room – possible addition of chandelier or track lighting.
A very long list right. So I decided to call a professional for help. I worked with Pacific Wallbeds Northwest to design a system of shelving and wallbed that would meet the needs of the list above. They were able to accomodate each and every one and made the process so enjoyable along the way. They came in on budget and one time – a match made in heaven. Their team even put in extra items that I had not thought of. There is a large corner in the room when you come in the door and the designer with WBNW suggested a radius cabinet to maximize display space. I had a couple of IKEA display cases that I wanted to use in the room and the designer suggested we set them up on cabinets so you could see the displays better and that offered storage underneath – brilliant!. Here is how it turned out.