Birth of a Doll Room
- Shelving for displaying dolls
- Larger shelving for diorama displays
- storage for clothing, boxed dolls, accessories and diorama items
- a table or work surface
- ability to make the room multifunctional –wall bed?
- lighting in the display cabinets
- easy access to electrical outlets on diorama display shelves
- large display area (2′ x 3′ and at least 18 inches tall) for Barbie Vintage Fashion Shop display
- Better overall lighting in the room – possible addition of chandelier or track lighting.
A very long list right. So I decided to call a professional for help. I worked with Pacific Wallbeds Northwest to design a system of shelving and wallbed that would meet the needs of the list above. They were able to accomodate each and every one and made the process so enjoyable along the way. They came in on budget and one time – a match made in heaven. Their team even put in extra items that I had not thought of. There is a large corner in the room when you come in the door and the designer with WBNW suggested a radius cabinet to maximize display space. I had a couple of IKEA display cases that I wanted to use in the room and the designer suggested we set them up on cabinets so you could see the displays better and that offered storage underneath – brilliant!. Here is how it turned out.
Rebecca your room is just fabulous. Thank you for discussing the list of items that were important to you and for giving us the name of the people who helped you reach your vision. All I can say is WOW….what a dream come true!!!
September 1, 2009 at 8:03 pm
I just finished spending the afternoon and evening going through and reading your blog. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures! So much inspiration here! I also like the fact that you added in where you got items (like the Bethany Lowe Christmas trees!).
I just started collecting vintage Barbie and Silkstone dolls and am having a blast! I will be back to your blog often for more eye candy and inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your love of this hobby!
Your doll room is incredible! Me thinks me needs to clean out a bedroom! LOL!
Thank you again!
December 3, 2013 at 8:13 pm