The Barbie Fan Club will be up for renewal starting today. If you are currently a member, you can sign up for the new 2014 BFC club starting today. If you are not currently a member, you can start signing up a week from today on January 15th. There are approximately 8,000 memberships up for grabs and this club sold out towards the end of last year.
image source in this post: Mattel, Inc
Here are the some of the perks in the club this year.
- Up to $80 in BarbieCollector.com Online Shop rewards – $20 per calendar quarter*
- A Barbie℠ Fan Club card case** – your gift with membership (and sent with free shipping)
- Quarterly “Designer Videos,” sneak peeks at upcoming releases, downloadable goodies, and access to the exclusive Barbie™ Bulletin Board
- First access to audio interviews, collector spotlights, Fun Facts, and looks “behind the glam” with the passionate people on the Barbie® Collector team
- The opportunity to purchase four (4) Club-exclusive dolls, as announced*** (doll purchase is NOT a requirement of membership)
Here are some of the exclusive doll offerings
A platinum level doll…which means only 999 (my apologies to Jim) of her will be released.
An adorable Holiday Hostess for the next year. How cute is this one?!!!
Our first Silkstone sneak peak for the 2014 year. A very hip and modern interpretation of an elegant tuxedo. Rogier with Dutch Barbie World put up a photo of the possible inspiration for this one. I think he absolutely nailed it. Feel free to have a look here
And lastly, Mattel announced there will be a vintage reproduction gift set out in the new year. I wonder what fabulous set Bill Greening will have for us.
You will notice there is no Silkstone Club doll this year nor are there any sneak peaks of any of the Silkstone Barbie dolls for 2014. By this time in the past, we have at least three Silkstone Barbie sneak peaks for the coming year. I have my suspicions as to why this is. Tune in tomorrow for that discussion.
I am kind of slow getting this information out there this year because as of right now…I cant even get onto the Barbie Fan Club site. I have no idea why and will be spending a lovely time trying to do some long distance tech support with the fabulous folks on Mattel’s IT team. Goody.