Eyes on Me!

I know…2 days in a row and blog posts from me.  What is happening?!!  I have some news people!!  There are some new dolls in the studio this week.  They are brand new on the market and I am absolutely in LOVE.  I give a huge welcome to Muses by JAMIEshow and Owen Su!

Doll: JAIMESshow /OwneSU Muses Ginnie 1/6 Resin ball jointed fashion doll

Wig: Culte de Paris on Etsy  ** note: the wig fits very loosely on this doll.  It was made for FR2 size head and while this doll fits into most 1/6 clothing, wigs are hit and miss**

Gown: Rimdoll on Etsy

Shoes and earrings: Integrity Toys

Japanese maple leaves and branches: Made by me for this shoot

Background: Replica Surfaces

Styling and photography: ITFDS

©2021 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio-Eyes on Me

Yes!  The facial screening on these dolls is on a whole other level!!  I’m serious here.  The images really don’t do them justice.  I can’t tell you how many shots I took of the close-ups because I just could not believe what I was getting through the lens.  I am using a Canon 5D Mark III with a Canon EF 100mm f 2.8 macro lens.  Yes, these are good pieces of equipment but they are not THAT good.  This doll is really that beautiful.  I am not photoshopping anything into it, I took out some dust and stray hairs I failed to style before the shoot ( because I was too excited to be patient…sue me LOL!).  Colors are accurate and no changes to makeup.  I LOVE THIS DOLL!!!  ©2021 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio-Eyes on Me©2021 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio-Eyes on Me

Ok…so do I have your attention now?  LOL!

These are new BJD style 1/6 scale fashion dolls from JAMIEshow and the talented Owen Su.  I am a complete novice to ball and joint dolls so if you have advice…please share with me and others in the comments.    They have elastic string running through the doll that make them extremely flexible and malleable for posing.  These particular dolls also have a variety of rooted wig caps you can buy for a huge variety of looks.

Here is a little bit about the designer Owen Su:

©2020 JAMIEshow

These dolls were offered up for sale in December and shipped to customers in late April.  I ordered 2 dolls, a ton of rooted wig caps, all of the accessory sets and one of the fashions.  I’m not going to lie.  These dolls are not cheap.  Each doll was $425.  I looked at this as an investment and I had faith in JAMIEshow and Owen Su( @ownesu_doll on instagram) that they would produce a quality product.  Boy oh boy did they deliver!

Each doll came with a lingerie set, earrings, shoes and a rooted wig cap.  They were beautifully and securely packaged for shipping.  The screenings and delicate joint shading is really amazing.  I am a bit intimidated by the ball and joint/string element.  I am slowly and carefully learning.  I am petrified of breaking the elastic string but so far nothing to worry about.  They are extremely flexible for posing which is one of the main reasons I wanted to invest.

Now for the bad news….for right now.  These dolls are sold out online at JAMIEshow right now.  I am very hopeful that they will do a second round of orders now that this first phase has successfully launched.  As of the writing of this post, I have no further information on that but stay tuned.

-Rebecca

1. She is gorgeous! ♥️♥️♥️

May 2, 2021 at 11:41 am

2. LOVE these pictures ❤️❤️❤️
    Actually, the viewer can see the subtleties of the doll’s make up. Just wonderful 😍
    X

May 2, 2021 at 11:52 am

• I am glad it translates in the image 🙂 You never know. Thank you for your always kind comments.

May 4, 2021 at 9:03 am

3. Lovindollz

She is STUNNING, Rebecca! Yes, the dolls are beautiful, but the price kind of scared me away. After seeing pics of these dolls, I was thinking I should of ordered one. Hopefully, Owen will do a second round. I will definitely add one to my collection for sure.

Demetria

May 2, 2021 at 12:12 pm

• I agree…the price is a bit daunting. As of right now, however, no regrets. I am very hopeful that there will be a second release coming soon of these dolls and I will be buying more. The rooted wig cap is genius!

May 4, 2021 at 9:05 am

4. Len Gotti

I only got Lily but wish I had ordered a couple MORE – lovely and Jamieshow resin is soooooooo Nice!!

May 2, 2021 at 12:48 pm

• Ohhhh! I’m so excited you got one Len! Now we have even more dolls to talk about when next we see eachother at convention. If you are buying these it makes me feel even more confident about my purchase. You definitely know your way around this market and I admire that expertise.

May 4, 2021 at 9:07 am

5. She is gorgeous. I only wish these dolls were cheaper.

May 2, 2021 at 4:08 pm

• Me too…Me too. Thank you for the lovely comment about the images 🙂

May 4, 2021 at 9:08 am

6. Wizgerg3(JinCincy)

Don’t worry about breaking the elastic, the elastic will need to be restrung due to stretching out well before the elastic would break. At least that has been my experience with all my BJD’s and I have some of the Jamieshow 16″ versions, and various other sizes of BJD’s that I’ve had for years . Keep her out of direct sunlight though. The resin will discolor much quicker if subject to prolonged exposure to sunlight or incandescent lighting. I photograph mine in the sunlight, but for display purposes I keep all my resin dolls in a room with room darkening shades. (since you were asking for BJD tips) She is really stunning! I look forward of more pictures of her and the other doll you got.

May 3, 2021 at 3:24 pm

7. Elizabeth

There will be a second wave coming but no date yet. BJD are a whole other level and I prefer the Resins in terms of quality and aesthetics. Just be sure to keep them out of direct sunlight due to a possibility of yellowing, and make sure your hands are clean before handling and keep face touching to a minimum. They can wear Fashion Royalty clothes and shoes. I was only able to buy 2 out of the 5 but happy with mine. Yes the price is steep but you pay for quality and. Limited edition numbers and I always say quality over quantity. I haven’t seen a bad pic of them yet.

May 3, 2021 at 7:37 pm

• Ohhhh!! Love the tips and tricks advice. Thank you, Thank you! I am also glad to hear there will be a second wave. I neglected to get additional hands the first time around and I need to remedy that. Also need more wigs…like…NEED. I feel yet another obsession coming on LOL!

May 4, 2021 at 9:10 am

8. Marilyn

She’s such a beauty! I love the wig you have on her. I’m so tired of super-long hair and ponytails! I hadn’t heard of these dolls, but I just joined their mailing list. The price is scary, but I’m intrigued.

May 4, 2021 at 7:12 am

• Thank you Marilyn! Yes, it feels like short hair is definitely under represented in doll collection. My hope is that they will do some rooted wig caps in shorter hair lengths in the future. Preferably with bangs. You are smart to join the mailing list so be “in the know” if/when they come out with a second wave.

May 4, 2021 at 9:12 am

• Wizgerg3(JinCincy)

Well, Jamieshow has done a short bob with bangs for their 16″ resin dolls, so I would guess they will eventually do something similar for this size. LOVE the wig caps. I have an embarrassing amount of them for my 16″ JS crew, lol.

May 4, 2021 at 2:50 pm

9. This is gorgeous, they did a great collection!

May 4, 2021 at 3:10 pm