2016 NBDCC–Final Thoughts and Thanks

What does the trip home from Barbiecon look like?

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

I kid you not.  This was on my luggage when I picked it up from baggage claim.  LOL!  That about says it all people.  I flew into the wrong airport, I drove to Jacksonville, I laughed, I cried, I presented,  I shopped, I laughed some more then with a heart full of good memories I said goodbye to my Barbie buddies and headed home.  On the plane ride home I found myself looking forward to next year already.  A big hug and Thank you! to the fabulous table #4 and a most excellent hostess Susan.

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

I want to thank my dear friend and fellow blogger Rogier Corbeau of Dutch Barbie World for taking over the blogging duties on ITFDS.  He did a most fantastic job keeping both blogs up to date and getting all the images and information out to all of you.  Words alone cannot express my gratitude for his kindness and generosity in doing this.  I have to also give a big “Thank You!!” to Mario and Gianni of Magia2000.  They generously allowed me to photograph behind the scenes before the event which then allowed me to share images of all of their collection in a way I never would have been able to do fighting the crowds during their show.  Grazie!  I also received an extra bonus in that I got to hear some of what went into designing this collection.  I was amazed before but now, having heard about all that goes into these exquisite creations, I am in awe.  What an honor to photograph those beauties.

This year, since I had opportunities that came up during the convention, I was prompted  to take some of my professional camera gear.  It was a lot to lug around but boy am I glad I did.  I was very happy with the images I was able to get this convention.  Looks like extra camera gear will be coming with me now for doll conventions.

I was honored to be asked to do a presentation on photography and blogging this year and since some people were not able to make it, I will be doing most of the presentation in pieces on the blog.  The first installment will be this Friday and will follow for subsequent Friday’s through August and into September.   If you missed it or were unable to attend, no worries.  It will all be here.

©2016 Inside The Fashion Doll Studio

-Rebecca

1. Thanks, Rebecca!! Looking forward to Fridays!! 🙂 And no wonder your luggage was marked HEAVY. Lol 🙂

August 2, 2016 at 11:19 pm

2. Penny

Thanks Rebecca, I am sooooo excited, I can’t thank you enough for doing this, I really need some tips and your photos are always so wonderful .

A big thank you also to Rogier who kept us informed.

Sorry to hear you had so many problems with your journey, glad you got to see behind the scenes and meet so many great people.

Looking forward to Friday! X

August 3, 2016 at 1:50 am

3. Thanks so much! Your photos were exquisite! ❤

August 3, 2016 at 3:45 am

4. WONDERFUL and thanks for sharing with us !! The convention looked amazing and you were always there keeping us in the loop !! It is so great to meet people with the passion and talent, that you have and share with your fans with your blog !!
    Also, hats off to Rogier, for seamlessly filling in during your absence from the blog !! XX

August 3, 2016 at 6:35 am

5. Doris

I was able to attend your presentation and it was terrific! Lots of great photos and information. Thanks for sharing with us!!

August 3, 2016 at 7:11 am

6. Lori Birkeneder

Always great to see you, sorry I was unable to chat with you more!
    Rogier did a fabulous job on the blog and your pictures are the bomb! Although I am missing seeing me as Andy Warwhol in the fashion show!! (Jay has one picture of me on the runway!)
    I am assuming because I was up and down too much or the camera broke! Cuz I was truly embracing my role as Andy and he was not a pretty man!😂😂😃

I was in your class!! So glad I went!!

Same time next year! (Umm sounds like a movie doesn’t it!😂- I crack myself up sometime!)

Lori

August 3, 2016 at 8:30 am

7. Diane Johnson

So wonderful to see you in person! I am sorry that I had no time to attend your class, and am very much looking forward to Fridays to catch up! Having seen your collection of dolls and photos in person, I am so happy to know a truly talented photographer, collector, and friend. See you soon? I will be in Seattle (Bellevue) end of August!

August 5, 2016 at 7:40 am