Bye Bye FR:Monograms

Integrity Toys announced this past week in a post they called “An exciting evolution!” that they would be discontinuing their FR:Monogram line in a move to help focus and unify the other lines.  Per the email from Integrity, the final Monograms will make an appearance at convention and then will forever “Requiescat in pace” R.I.P.   The FR: FR2 line will be merged with the FR classic line and a new updated FR/FR2 body will be introduced and used for all future Fashion Royalty offerings.  Nu.Face and FR: Homme will get an update in 2014.  Exciting news for sure.

My guess is that the classic styling that was the bread and butter of the Monogram line will now be serviced by their Victoire product.  Not surprising.  Many in the collecting community were expecting this but it still makes me sad.  The Monograms were a particular favorite of mine and some of my personal favorite photos were produced with this line.  That being the case, I thought I would do a little retrospective with this fabulous line.  I am happy to have these dolls in my collection and don’t plan on selling them.  It is also interesting to see how my photography has changed over the past couple of years Smile

IMG_9987editedwmsized

IMG_9989editedwmsizedIMG_1280editedwmsizedIMG_0045editedwmsized

IMG_1277editedwmsized

IMG_0336editedwmsized

IMG_0338editedwmsized

IMG_0611editedwmsized

IMG_3721040211editedwmsized

IMG_3738040211editedwmsizedIMG_399404222011editedwmsizedIMG_416905142011editedwmsized

IMG_398704222011editedwmsized

IMG_417705142011editedwmsized

IMG_560108122011editedsizedwm

IMG_586208312011editedwmsizedwords

IMG_636909162011editedwmsized

IMG_644509192011editedwmsizedIMG_646309192011editedwmsizedIMG_646909192011editedwmsized

IMG_650409202011editedwmsized

IMG_651109202011editedwmsized20120318-IMG_8556-Editwmsized20120323-IMG_8596-Editwmedited

20120318-IMG_8540-Editwmsizedwordsframe copy

20120323-IMG_8580-Editwmeditedframewordsart

Exaggeration art copy

20120323-IMG_8691-Editeditedwmsized

20121017-IMG_0184-Editwmsized

20120923-IMG_9837-Editwmsizedwordsframe copy

20120826-IMG_9690-Editwmsized

1. Just gorgeous, my friend. As you know, Monograms are some of my favorites, so I am disappointed as well that they will be retired.

July 17, 2013 at 7:16 pm

2. Tiffany

What a stunning array of photographs. You make Monogram look marvelous, darling! I only have a couple, but now I might try to get some more, knowing they are going bye bye. Thanks for sharing!

July 17, 2013 at 9:50 pm

• Why “Thank You” Ms. Tiffany! I am glad you enjoyed this retrospective set of photos. I am happy to have these in my collection.

July 19, 2013 at 7:02 am

3. Lisa D.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful retrospective of one of my favorite lines as well. Your shots of Magnetism in the amazing emerald green RC fashion is still one of my all time favorite portraits. I was also sad to hear that the line is being retired, but IT has yet to disappoint. So, I trust that they will be integrating what we loved about them into what they have in store for us…

July 17, 2013 at 11:01 pm

• That shot of Magnetism is one of my all time fav’s as well. It’s hard to go wrong with a redhead in green. I agree with you that while sad, I am excited to see where IT will funnel the classic styling that many collectors love and want. I am betting on Victoire.

July 19, 2013 at 7:00 am

4. Beautiful … What a perfect start to my day! 🙂 Hugs, Judy

July 18, 2013 at 4:07 am

• Awwww! Thank you Judy. {Hugs}

July 19, 2013 at 6:58 am

5. Beautiful (and impressive) set of pictures! I’m also a bit disappointed with their decision to retire the line. But from the sales point of view, I guess they were not as successful as some other lines. When you browse through the dealers pages, you can allways find some Monogram dolls when the main FR line is allways sold out (not to mention the Poppy).

July 19, 2013 at 4:33 am

• Exactly! They have so many different product lines it was only a matter of time before they would start to consolidate. While I am sad to see this line go, I am excited to see where the classic styling that I love will end up at Integrity. As I said, I think we will be seeing exciting things coming from the Victoire Roux line. Just check out my blog post for 7/19/2013 and take a look at the latest Victoire. 🙂

July 19, 2013 at 6:55 am