Barbie’s Malibu Dream House up for sale!
Say it aint so!! Is Barbie in financial difficulty?! According to Mattel, Barbie sales declined 4% in the 4th quarter marking the third strait quarterly decline in 2012 (source). Mattel has announced that there will be a new Barbie abode for 2013. Now…why am I spouting financials on this otherwise fun and oft times irreverent doll blog? Because I want to talk about the listing. YES! In a fresh PR move by Mattel, there is an honest to goodness listing for Barbie’s Malibu Dream House.
** Photo is courtesy of Mattel**
** Listing is courtesy of Trulia, **
Let’s take a look shall we:
1) $25 Million! Wow! Well…it is Malibu and it is beach front. That three wall thing could be a problem though.
2) I don’t know about you guys but…for that price, I would need more than one bedroom and 1 bath.
3) 8,500 sqft. Is that in Hobbit alter dimensional measurement? How come it only takes up three feet in my play room?
4) Diamond encrusted accents?! Okay…that explains the $25 million price tag.
5) Barbie signature silo head???? I thought I had heard every Barbie related term…apparently not. What is it?
6) Sorry…I love pink but…the pink granite countertops would be a deal breaker for me.
I have to give it to Mattel. This one is just plain fun!