Welcome to 2013!!

It’s the third official day of the new year  and it has been roughly two years since I started the wonderful journey into blogging on WordPress.  I truly appreciate everyone’s willingness to come along for the ride Smile.  I am hoping that 2013 will continue to bring inspiration, time and creativity my way so I can share more photos with you.  In the year ahead, I am looking forward to more of Mr. Best’s Silkstone Atelier line as well as the wonders that Integrity Toys will have for us.   While I will not be attending and reporting from the National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention this year, I will be reporting for the first time from Paris for the Paris Doll Expo in March and I hope to be attending Integrity Toys Fashion Royalty convention in October.

To kick off the new year, I am trying out some new lighting ideas ( received some new lights for the studio from Santa!!). I had a whole “Narnia” thing going on LOL!  I was wishing I had a 1/6 Mr Tumnus.

Model:  OOAK Silkstone by Jon Copeland

Gown:  T.D. Fashions

20121228-IMG_0447-Editwmsized

20121228-IMG_0451-Edit warmer-2 copy 20121228-IMG_0448-Editwmsized

20121228-IMG_0450-Editwmsized

20121228-IMG_0456-Editwmsized20121228-IMG_0452-Editwmsized20121228-IMG_0446-Editwmsized

1. Deborah

WOW! I love how your new Santa lights are making her face come to life! This doll is gorgeous, and as always your photography is pure eye-candy. Can’t wait to see your next enlightened photos! I follow your every post, but I have not commented in awhile. Happy new year!

Deborah

January 3, 2013 at 9:53 pm

• Happy New Year to you too Deborah! Glad you continue to enjoy the blog. Thank you so much for your support and comments. Much appreciated :-)!

January 8, 2013 at 3:45 pm

2. Beautiful lighting! She looks like she is performing on the theatre stage … or in some classical Hollywood movie 🙂 You certainly made a great creative start into New Year! I wish you all the best!

Andreja

January 4, 2013 at 1:16 am

• Thank you so much Andreja! I am glad you enjoyed the first photo of the new year 🙂

January 8, 2013 at 3:46 pm

3. The layout is amazing and this doll is a beauty! Can’t say enough about her and her elegant looks. The lighting is exceptional and you did her justice in every way!!!

January 4, 2013 at 3:05 am

• Thank you for the lovely comment. I am glad you enjoyed! 🙂

January 8, 2013 at 3:46 pm

4. Ah, yes … what they said!!! Just gorgeous!!!

January 4, 2013 at 4:22 am

• 🙂 Thank you so much dear Judy. I really appreciate your comments and support.

January 8, 2013 at 3:47 pm

5. Micheal Jarvis

What a beautiful doll, she really is stunning, I also love the set up.
    The lighting effect is so soft and lovely.

January 4, 2013 at 6:39 am

• Thank you so much Micheal! I will be trying my hand at some new lighting techniques this year….will see if they work out or not LOL! {{Hugs}}

January 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm

6. Suzette

Ditto what everyone else said… Breathtaking!

January 4, 2013 at 7:32 am

• Thank you so much Suzette!

January 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm

7. I adore everything about these photos. The doll is breathtaking, and the setting is so magical. Absolutely gorgeous!

January 4, 2013 at 8:50 am

• Knew you would love the Narnia reference too 🙂 Thank you my dear.

January 8, 2013 at 3:49 pm

8. Hello from Spain: Happy New Year! I enjoy reading the new plans that you have for this 2013. I’m happy to follow your photos. You are very creative. The best!. Keep in touch

January 4, 2013 at 10:11 am

• Happy New Year Marta! I really appreciate your comments and support for the blog. Thank you!!

January 8, 2013 at 3:49 pm

9. Lori Birkeneder

Very nice! Love the lighting and adore the dress!

Lori B.

January 4, 2013 at 2:56 pm

• Thank you Lori! I am glad you continue to enjoy the blog and photos. I need to do another shoot with this dress. My one issue with this shoot is that it doesn’t really show off the incredible color of this gown. Look for more photos of it down the road 🙂

January 8, 2013 at 3:50 pm

10. Madame L

Have to also agree with everything said…truly magical photos of this fantastic lady. Looking forward to see what else you do with Santa’s present :).

January 4, 2013 at 7:50 pm

• Thank you so much Lisa! One of the pleasures of this past year was getting to know you at Fashion Royalty Convention. Hope to see you in October 🙂

January 8, 2013 at 3:51 pm

11. Do you photograph people, products, what? This lighting seems to come from the streetlight … very sophisticated! You manage to collect all these dolls, use incredibly complex lighting, but never reveal anything about yourself. You’ve a real gift!

I’m thinking of going to photoLA this week. I’ve gone many times, but not for the last 2 yrs. Now that I have pro gear, I might check it out. There’s such a HUGE photo world and so many skill levels.

Cos of my rock pix, I’ve offers of shows, even though I haven’t taken ONE new photo I’d like to show yet. It’s partially rep … who you know. YOUR work so deserves to be in galleries. Have you thought or worked on that?

I love free creativelive.com webinars. Lots about the biz, legal end. You don’t need any tech classes.

THIS photo just knocked the wind outta me. It’s so elegant and wow, I dunno how much you wanna show or sell your work, but you have a gift!

I’ve taught Photoshop in colleges, I’ve been around artists for many decades. I know talent. I don’t know anything about you .. but you have a gift!

Wow, you will have a great time in Paris!!!

January 13, 2013 at 4:08 pm

12. PS Glad to see you watermarking!

January 13, 2013 at 4:09 pm

13. This doll is gorgeous, and as always your photography .

February 1, 2013 at 5:01 am