A Big “Thank You” !!!

I returned late yesterday from my “Tropicalia” adventure and besides an extreme case of dolly overload, I feel overwhelmed with an intense gratitude for the experience.  Firstly, I am very grateful to the entire Newsom family and the Integrity Toys team for a most excellent convention.  This is only my second Fashion Royalty convention and I was amazed again this year by the warmth and generosity of the people who run it.  They make a point of greeting you by your name and making conversations.  I was sitting in the hotel lobby waiting for my shuttle to the airport and one of the Newsom family made a point of coming up to me and asking if I had a good time and wished me safe travel.  That’s some nice folks right there.  I love that the designers are right in the middle of things.  You see them everywhere at convention.  Jason Wu is there at the last banquet and accessible while he chats with collectors and has pictures taken.  It’s just way cool.

Secondly, I wanted to express how very touched and humbled I feel that people took the time to comment via flickr or blog, come up and greet me at convention and send emails.   I just feel down right verklempt that so many are reading the blog and watching the flickr photos AND are willing  to verbalize it.  I am more grateful than you will ever know and it is a huge {Hug} for me.  Just wanted to say that {Sniff, sniff}

Lastly I just wanted to express how very happy I was to meet some of my fellow bloggers, make new connections with other collectors and have the opportunity to meet some folks whose work I really, really admire.

Group {{Hug}} Smile

1. dsdivas

thank you very much to you for so complete and beautiful event coverage
    thanks for all those who like me can not attend this fantastic convention
    my great admiration for you with great respect and affection dear Rebecca

Diana.

October 1, 2012 at 9:14 am

• Thank you so much for the lovely comment Diana! It means a lot coming from a fellow photographer and collector. 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 10:44 pm

2. Phuliwat. Kittisrisawai

Very. Very. Nice. This collectition

October 1, 2012 at 9:40 am

3. Carin

For those of us that are unable to go, your reporting and pics made us all feel part of the experience. Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us all.

October 1, 2012 at 10:31 am

• Thank you Carin and you are very welcome. My intention was to bring a small part of the convention experience to those who could not make it themselves. If I have helped to share it, and people are happy with it, I reached my goal. 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 10:46 pm

4. Matthew

Rebecca: I loved reading your coverage of the FR convention! It was like I was there (and I wish I had been–and at your table again). And you have convinced me to finally start collecting FR. Great job. Matthew

October 1, 2012 at 10:38 am

• Hi Mathew! Oh yes…welcome to Fashion Royalty my dear. I am glad you enjoyed the coverage and are encouraged to investigate this lovely line of dolls. If you have any questions, let me know. Would LOVE to see you in L.A….no pressure…really…:-)

October 2, 2012 at 10:48 pm

5. Sam

Lady Rebecca you touch people with your talented artwork behind the lens. I am a devoted fan and folks to meet her in person is awesome. Thank for sharing It is always perfect best wishes always.

October 1, 2012 at 12:59 pm

• Awwww! Thank you so much Sam. You always have the most lovely and encouraging things to say. I would love to see you in L.A. as well 🙂 We need your excellent redressing skills in the Fashion Royalty arena 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 10:50 pm

6. Clarence

It was great seeing you Rebecca. You are so right. What a wonderful experience it was — again! I hope we both get to make it to LA next year. All the best.

October 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm

• Hi Clarence! It was so wonderful to see you also..and even better to know you were in the audience when they answered your questions about the new Funny Face dolls. Ahhhhh!! How cool was that?! I know I will be in L.A. and I really hope to see you there.

October 2, 2012 at 10:52 pm

7. Thank you for covering the event for all of us who couldn’t afford to go there. I just can’t wait to see all of the new beautiful girls when they have a proper photo session in your studio 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 4:43 am

• Thank you so much Andreja! I am glad you enjoyed the coverage and I hope to have some new photos up soon. Hope you like them 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 10:53 pm

8. Eric

Hello, Rebecca.

I am not sure you remember me but if you remember at the poppy parker luncheon and after the gala dinner at the elevator.
    I brought my quick silver Kyori, I dressed her in Tiffany blue dress for the luncheon which is designed by Mary and dressed her in cholo’s gown for the gala.

I should have introduced myself beginning of the convention, but I was a bit intimidated and shy. maybe just because this was my first convention.
    I have always been pleased your reviews and pictures on your blog which i can feel the passion and love for the dolls.

This convention experience was so much fun, at the same time I felt the intense moment as well.
    Overall, everyone was in the same common and passionate about these beautiful dolls which makes me trying to attend next year’s convention.

Thanks Rebecca, I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday afternoon.

Eric

October 2, 2012 at 10:34 am

• Hi Eric! Of course I remember you and your gorgeous dolls. I adored the Miniature Couture dress you had and the Cholo gown in the elevator was stunning! It was lovely meeting you and I am so glad you had a wonderful first convention experience. Don’t be shy next convention and feel free to come and find me. {{Hugs}}

October 2, 2012 at 10:57 pm

9. Hello from Spain: I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the convention. I thank you for keeping us informed of all developments of Tropicalia. I love seeing your photos of the convention. Keep in touch

October 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm

• Thank you Marta! I am glad you enjoyed the coverage. Much more to come with dolls from the convention. Stay tuned 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 10:57 pm

10. Rhonda (from Australia)

Hi Rebecca, it was lovely to meet and chat with you at the convention. Hope to see you again next year and in the meantime I will continue to enjoy your blog.

October 2, 2012 at 8:52 pm

• Hi Rhonda! It was so lovely meeting you too. I really enjoyed discussing the collection with you and Robyn. Thanks for commenting 🙂 You will definitely see me at next convention. Hopefully L.A. will be a shorter flight for you than Orlando.

October 2, 2012 at 10:59 pm

11. Hi Rebecca, it was lovely to meet and chat with you at the convention. Hope to see you again next year and in the meantime I will continue to enjoy your wonderful blog.

Rhonda (Australia)