Dark Swan Sings the Blues

I don’t know about you guys but when I work or process photos, music is a big part of it.  I guess that is why I include a playlist on my blog.  You can always find what I am listening to currently or what I feel works with the content I am sharing on the blog in that playlist.  Today we have the incomparable Billy Holiday as a soundtrack for the photos.  While I was not listening to Billy Holiday when I styled Ms. Elise, the second I added the white flower to her hair the thought  “Lady sings the blues” came to mind and it stuck with me.  That’s why I added the microphone and the story went from there.  Hope you enjoy….

Model:  Fashion Royalty Squared Dark Swan Elise Jolie

Gown,Earrings and Microphone:  Stunning in the Spotlight Silkstone Barbie ( with flower removed )

White flower is another scrapbooking element

20120505-IMG_8851-Editeditedwmsized

20120505-IMG_8848-Editeditedwmsized

20120505-IMG_8858-Editeditedwmsized20120505-IMG_8881-Editeditedwmsized 20120505-IMG_8885-Editeditedwmsized

Using my Canon Macro lens……20120505-IMG_8877-Editeditedwmsized

20120505-IMG_8886-Editeditedwmsized 20120505-IMG_8871-Editeditedwmsized

1. She is beyond Gorgeous! Picture perfect and Camera Ready! I was listening to “The Girl From Ipanema” this morning for a quick shoot with my new girl! 😉

May 6, 2012 at 10:09 am

• Love how music can inspire us and our work. Glad you like the shots Matty!

May 6, 2012 at 8:01 pm

2. Don in Seattle

Love this photo set Rebecca, and I am loving the orchid. I need to get out of Wallingford and start looking for better items for my dolls. Since we are in the mood for music I am going with Enigma ….chanting monks on a gorgeous Sunday like today . Rare in our parts. Don

May 6, 2012 at 10:55 am

• I LOVE Enigma. I have a number of their songs on my Zune ( yes…Zune…I live in Microsoft territory). Today was heaven wasn’t it?! So glad you enjoyed the photos Don. Here is hoping for more days like today in our neck of the woods.

May 6, 2012 at 8:03 pm

3. vanessamorrison

These pictures are stunning! I have a feeling that most of my comments on your blog are very similar. I just get blown away by most of your photography. I don’t want you to think I am leaving stock messages. It is just the way I feel at the time.

May 6, 2012 at 1:40 pm

• Thank you so very much Vanessa. Your comments are never “stock”. I reallty appreciate your support of my photos. It truly makes my day and helps support me in what I do. You can’t do much better than that right? 🙂

May 6, 2012 at 8:04 pm

4. Judy

Oh so lovely, Rebecca! Thank you!

May 6, 2012 at 4:13 pm