Ever since this doll’s photos were released, a little birdie has been sitting on my shoulder saying “You have seen that jacket before.” I decided to go and check my file of favorite fashions I keep from the previous seasons fashion shows and “Eureka!”
I loved this suit when I saw it..hence the saved link to the picture…and I am happy to see it as an inspiration for a 1/6 design by the talented folks at Integrity.
** Photo credit Integrity Toys, Inc and Style.com**
I love to watch the award shows for the fashions. I often find myself saying “ What gown would I love to have recreated for my doll collection?”. It definitely sparks some thinking and dreaming in me. I know I personally could never pull off any of these gowns because I am all of 5 foot 1 ( always wished I was taller) and don’t have the body of a super model. I do , however, appreciate that others can wear these fabulous designer creations well. Here are a few of my favorites from this years Golden Globes.
1. Kate Beckensale in Roberto Cavali. She would most likely look good in a burlap sack but here she looks like a princess. Love the upswept hair, the cuff bracelets, the chandelier earrings and how this gown drapes at the bottom. LOVE
2. Jessica Alba in lavender Gucci. Didn’t she just have a baby? It’s just not normal to look this good after just having a baby right? She looks so elegant in this gown. Love the understated jewelry and cute little clutch to match. Love, love, love that soft draping train of the skirt.
4. Sophia Vergara in Vera Wang. Va Va Va Voom! Love the color, love the cut, love the fact that she kept her hair down and swept to the side. Love the simple cuffs she wore with it. Gorgeous!
To the stylists that put these looks together, I salute you!
There were a few looks that had me scratching my head last night as well…..
1. Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackerman. Tilda honey….we love you and you are incredibly talented. What is with the hairstyle here?? Are we doing a tribute to David Bowie? It’s one heck of a tribute…just doesn’t work with the gown. Love the color and cut of the gown…with the haircut?….not so much.
3. Missi Pyle, in Junko Yoshioka. Okay…where to start here… Could it be the color? Yellow is a hard color to pull off by anyone but dirty yellow on a blond??? Near impossible to look good in that color. Now, the dress itself..I think I saw that..wait..I think I wore that to a 1980’s prom. Is there really a chiffon rosette at her waist? Beautiful, Beautiful girl with lovely hair…needed a different dress.
For more fashion photos and information on last nights Golden Globes, feel free to visit http://www.style.com/peopleparties/parties/thumb/redcarpet-011512_69th_Golden_Globes_Awards/?page=3