New Silkstone Info for 2013
There was a designer chat over at the Barbie Fan Club yesterday and here is what we learned about our beloved Silkies …
1. New Silkstone sneak. I can’t publish the photos because it was designated for BFC members only but once it’s been released to retailers, I can share it. If you are a member, run on over to the BFC and check it out under “Sneak Peaks” in the forum. She is a lovely redhead wearing a spring floral pink print day suit ( dress and coat) and ….a pink turban hat. Yes, I called it from the video. ( Wow!! can you hear Rebecca tooting her own horn there?!…shameless!). She has a beautiful face with blue or green eyes and rose pink lips. Her name at this point is “Luncheon Ensemble” Barbie. She should be available early 2013.
2. The “Luncheon Ensemble” Barbie will not be the club doll.
3. There will be more AA dolls in the BFMC lineup next year. That’s dolls with an “s” so hopefully more than one. Yipeee!! This is definitely an underrepresented skin tone in this line.
4. Robert Best confirmed again that the Atelier theme will continue into 2013 and that there will be day looks, evening gowns and…wait for it….maybe a tuxedo. Quoi!? Does he mean a tuxedo for Barbie or a BFMC Ken??!! Have absolutely no idea as it was not clarified. Let the speculations begin.
5. Drum roll please……There is a platinum Silkstone planned for 2013. Should we all put aside that big bucket of valium now? I can only imagine the nightmare server error mess that will ensue on the day this baby becomes available. I may have to enter the quagmire for this one folks. We have not had a platinum Silkie since FAO’s pink Soiree right? … If you don’t count the Golden Gala Silkies given at 2009 BarbieCon. How do I feel about the idea of a platinum Silkie???
I may look on with prim disapproval…but the reality of it is…I will be down in the mud with all the rest of the collectors fighting over the limited number like it was a Kmart blue light special. Yes, my name is Rebecca and I am addicted to Silkstone Barbies.