It’s that time again….Bogue’s Vogues Vendredi

I have had this crisp little lemon yellow number for a couple of months now and simply did not have the motivation to photograph it until after convention.  I am glad I waited because the flowers in the hat have so much more meaning to me than they did before convention.  I believe these flowers were given to James Bogue by two special sisters who found these gorgeous vintage miniature flowers in their late uncles things and gifted them to Mr. Bogue.  I dedicate these photos to Joan and Pinky(Denise) for their generosity and for being just some of the nicest people I had the pleasure of getting to know at convention.  I also dedicate these photos to their late uncle and the warm memories they have of him.  Thank you so much for sharing the story about where the flowers came from!

Model:  Fashion Royalty Monogram “Extravagance”

Dress and Hat:  Bogue’s Vogues ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/boguesvogues )

Shoes:  Mattel Christian Louboutin Barbie shoe pack

IMG_558608122011editedsizedwm

IMG_560108122011editedsizedwm

IMG_560008122011editedsizedwm

IMG_559508122011editedsizedwm IMG_559608122011editedsizedwm

About these ads

1. She looks just gorgeous. Beautifully done!

August 26, 2011 at 9:02 am

• Thank you so much Danielle!

August 26, 2011 at 9:29 pm

2. So lovely, Rebecca. I have this same ensemble from James in mint green with blue accents and mine also has the beautiful vintage flowers. I didn’t know they came from Pinky and Joan, however, and that makes them even more special.
    xo Hilda

August 26, 2011 at 9:04 am

• Thank you dear Hilda. Don’t you just love the story about the flowers. I sat at Pinky and Joan’s table this year at convention and I loved to hear the stories about the flowers and their uncle. I just had to share that.

August 26, 2011 at 9:27 pm

3. Fabulous dress. I think the great photography added a littlle something extra, though. Amazing!

August 26, 2011 at 9:07 am

• Awwww! Thanks Vanessa. Isn’t that dress by James Bogue TO DIE FOR?!

August 26, 2011 at 9:26 pm

4. The doll, dress, and flowers are beautiful. And the picture is fantastic. I love the fashion, the bowtie and flowers make the fashions so much more. It’s so wonderful how you pay so much respect to your dolls through the way you photograph and dress them. Because of your photos you turn your dolls into pieces of art. Seriously if I knew how to copy them & enlarge them plus if I had the wall space in my doll room I would frame the pictures and hang them with pride so others could enjoy them as much as I do! Please keep the pictures coming.

August 27, 2011 at 10:26 am

• Awwwww! Thank you so much for such a lovely comment. I enjoy photographing these lovely ladies and I really enjoy showcasing some of the amazing talented designers we have in the 1/6 scale fashion doll collecting community. It is no secret that Bogue’s Vogues and Bellissima Couture are some of my favorites. I am so glad that my enjoyment translates in these photos and gives the viewer joy. I simply could not ask for more. Thank you for validating what I do. {{Hugs!}}

August 30, 2011 at 4:55 pm